UK Visa Registration Requirements for Non-EU Nurses

  • Overseas qualified nurses must be registered to work in the UK. The regulatory body is called the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC).
  • NMC Registration Nurses trained overseas, outside the EU, must register through the NMC’s Overseas Nursing Programme (ONP).They must meet the minimum NMC education requirement, English language requirement (academic IELTS of 6.5 or over on each section) and also undergo a 20 day programme of protected learning.
  • Furthermore, where necessary, there may be a period of supervised practice. Nurses who have qualifications from Australia, South Africa, New Zealand or Canada are generally considered very highly workers.

Quick Enquiry

Subscribe Here!

Subscribe for Job Notification